Pharmacist - Acute Pharmacy
CHRISTUS St Michael
CHRISTUS St Michael Health Sys-15100
2600 St. Michael Dr
Texarkana, TX 75503
Share This Job On
Apply Now Pharmacist - Acute Pharmacy Job in Texarkana
Interprets physicians orders; contacts physicians for clarification of orders if necessary. Dispenses the right dosage of the right medication, properly labeled, to the patient at the right time. Communicates drug information to medical and nursing staff. Participates in advanced clinical practice pharmacy model through collaboration with physicians, advanced practice providers, and nursing staff. Interacts with patients through face to face counseling and education. Participates in nursing and pharmacy staff education. Willingness and ability to adapt to a decentralized pharmacy practice model as necessary.
- Must have at least a B.S. degree in Pharmacy from an accredited school of pharmacy.
- Basic Computer Knowledge
- Ability to communicate at a high profession level, both verbally and written.
- Verbal ability to effectively interact with patients, physicians, and other members of the health care team.
- Prefer previous inpatient hospital or acute care experience.
- Must have clerkship experience from an accredited school of pharmacy. Verbal ability to effectively interact with patients, physicians, and other members of the health care team.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Maintain current licensure/registration/certification and provide the health care center with a copy of indicated requirements. Must meet the requirements for R.Ph. licensure or internship.
- 20HR IV Compunding Certification