This is a PRN position. Under the direction of the Registered Nurse, performs duties of a clerical and non-nursing nature on the nursing units. Activities include serving as a receptionist for the unit, transcribing orders and requesting items for patient care, and assisting with maintaining patient, unit, and hospital records.
- High school diploma or equivalent is required. Graduation from an approved unit clerk program or previous experience as a unit secretary is preferred.
- CPR certification is preferred.
- Must have knowledge and comprehension of clerical duties, some knowledge of medical terminology, and floor management routines.
- Must have knowledge and ability to operate unit computer equipment.
- Must have interpersonal and social skills and the ability to remain calm and tactful in stressful situations.
- Must have good eye hand coordination for using the computer.
- Must be able to respond efficiently to meet the needs of customer groups.
- Must be able to give consistent work performance with attention to detail.
- Must be extremely accurate in recording patient information.
- Legible handwriting is required.