Ultrasound Technologist - OB/GYN Clinic
CHRISTUS Trinity Mother Frances
CHRISTUS TMF Tyler Medical Office 1720 South Beckham
1720 South Beckham Avenue
Tyler, TX 75701
Share This Job On
Apply Now Ultrasound Technologist - OB/GYN Clinic Job in Tyler
Perform diagnostic sonogram studies.
- Promotes quality patient care through utilization of proper scanning techniques and optimal equipment settings.
- Interacts effectively with radiologists by describing clinical histories, demonstrating normal and abnormal anatomy, and modifying scan protocols for as directed to provide optimal visualization of anatomy.
- Displays cooperative attitude and excellent communication skills necessary to explain procedures, allay apprehensions and elicit the patient's cooperation.
- Maintains working knowledge of the American College of Radiology requirements for Ultrasound accreditation.
- Meets all continuing education requirements to maintain certification by the American Society of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers.
- Maintain cleanliness of assigned area.
- Responsible for the daily maintenance of the ultrasound machine and transducers. Reports malfunctioning equipment to Practice Manager immediately.
- Responds to associate, physicians, and patient questions, giving factual information according to the nature of the questions and in accordance to clinic guidelines.
- Completion of clinical and classroom program in keeping with eligibility requirements of the American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers. Must maintain good standing with certifying body. Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Knowledgeable of normal anatomy, normal anatomic variations and abnormal conditions.
- Minimum one year scanning experience (requirement may be met through completion of clinical phase of ultrasound training).
- Certification by the American Registry of Diagnostic Sonographers.
Per Diem As Needed