Ultrasound Tech - Ultrasound - PRN
CHRISTUS Southwestern Louisiana
CHRISTUS Lake Area Hospital-10200
4200 Nelson Rd
Lake Charles, LA 70605
Share This Job On
Apply Now Ultrasound Tech - Ultrasound - PRN Job in Lake Charles
This position will apply medical ultrasound to the patient in accordance with a doctor's order and works within the scope of practice as defined by the Society of Diagnostic Medical Sonography and American Society Radiologic Technologists. This position must be able to handle the movement, set-up and operation of medical ultrasound equipment The technologist must be able to handle all patients according to the needs of that patient. This position takes direction from the Radiology Medical Director and understands patient assessment and treatment procedures as outlined by policy. The position provides patient assessment information to the Radiologist as needed. The position has a responsibility to appropriately document procedural information in the patient's medical record including PACS.
- Radiology Associate Degree required, B.S. Degree preferred.
- Annual education in radiation dose management for adults and pediatric populations is required
- Entry Level Position
- Clinical Experience Requirements as outlined by the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists
- LSRTBE License (temporary or permanent).
- ARRT upon hire for experienced technologists.
- ARRT within 90 days for new graduates.
- Certifcation in other specialties is preferred by not required.
- American Heart Association Basic Life Support or completion within 90 days of employment