Ultrasound Tech- PRN
CHRISTUS Physician Group/Ambulatory
CPG Spohn Fam Med Academic Ctr-476AL
2601 Hospital Blvd
Corpus Christi, TX 78405
Perform diagnostic sonogram studies.
1. Promotes quality patient care through utilization of proper scanning techniques and optimal equipment settings.
2. Interacts effectively with radiologists by describing clinical histories, demonstrating normal and abnormal anatomy, and modifying scan protocols for as directed to
provide optimal visualization of anatomy.
3. Displays cooperative attitude and excellent communication skills necessary to explain procedures, allay apprehensions and elicit the patient's cooperation.
4. Maintains working knowledge of the American College of Radiology requirements for Ultrasound accreditation.
5. Meets all continuing education requirements to maintain certification by the American Society of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers.
6. Maintain cleanliness of assigned area.
7. Responsible for the daily maintenance of the ultrasound machine and transducers.
Reports malfunctioning equipment to Practice Manager immediately.
8. Responds to associate, physicians, and patient questions, giving factual information according to the nature of the questions and in accordance to clinic guidelines.
9. Participates in quality assurance program. Meet with Director of Ultrasound one half-day each month for quality assurance purposes.
10. Maintains adequate levels of medical supplies necessary for ultrasound testing.
11. Maintains storage of videotapes and sonograms.
12. Follows the CHRISTUS Physician Group guidelines related to the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA), designed to prevent or detect unauthorized disclosure of Protected Health Information (PHI).
13. Maintains strict confidentiality.
14. Uses oral and written communication skills to effectively convey ideas in a clear,
positive manner that is consistent with the CHRISTUS Mission.
15. Maintains established CHRISTUS Physician Group policies, procedures, objectives,
quality assurance, safety, environmental and infection control.
16. Implements job responsibilities in a manner that is consistent with the CHRISTUS
Mission and Code of Ethics and supportive of CHRISTUS Physician Group's cultural diversity objectives.
17. Supports and adheres to CPG Service Guarantee.
18. Performs other related work as required.