Provides comprehensive nursing care for assigned patients under the direction of a physician. Follows established nursing standards, procedures and practices, and gives patient care directions to nursing and other staff. Evaluates outcomes of direct patient care and consults with other specialists as required. Adjusts nursing care processes as indicated to ensure optimal patient care. Arranges for patients' ordered diagnostic and therapeutic services. Monitors and ensures accuracy of recording on patient medical records. Provides preventative health care services to long-term patients and arranges consultations and referrals. Performs physical exams, and may prescribe and recommend treatment and drugs.
A. Education/ Skills
- Advanced Nursing Degree required/Master's Degree required.
- Experience in specialty area.
- Experience in both clinical and management areas required.
- Demonstrated ability to problem solve and market services. Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated customer, team, and interdepartmental orientation based on CQI principals.
C. Licenses, Registrations, or Certifications
- Current Texas State Advanced Practice Nurse license
- CPR-(American Heart Association)
- South NICU -- NRP within 90 days of hire/transfer date.