This position is primarily accountable for PBX telephone systems, telecommunications and voice network installations, repairs and upgrades. Responsibilities include product testing of all telecommunication systems, including operating systems enhancements and equipment upgrades. Planning, evaluating, installing and performing maintenance procedures for telecommunication systems and infrastructure are additional functions. The Enterprise Telecommunications Administrator II is also responsible for delivering high quality, cost effective solutions to all levels of users. This includes support for both the technology and processes. The Enterprise Telecommunications Administrator II supports the business goals and objectives for the Department, the Information Services Organization, and the organization as a whole.
- Actively participate in the planning, installations, support and maintenance of PBX telecommunication systems.
- Identify issues and concerns and communicate them to the Supervisor. Develop options and recommendations.
- Oversee the technical and operational training of less experienced staff in voice and telecommunications procedures.
- Demonstrate significant knowledge of PBX telephone system installation, configuration, and modification including operating system implementations and support. Be able to implement, configure, modify special programming functions such as IVR, and call center.
- Coordinate the activities related to testing of telecommunications upgrades and enhancements. Work with vendors during product testing to ensure a successful upgrade.
- Demonstrate strong communication and human relationship skills.
- Responsible for the documentation and upkeep of telecommunications technical standards and procedures.
- Contact vendors regarding service issues to receive support information or assistance as instructed by supervisor.
- Produce and maintain technical documentation on the assigned systems.
- Produce required department reporting associated with projects and problems assigned. Documentation includes current status and problem documentation summary within the problem management system.
- With minimal guidance, define boundaries, set priorities, plan and manage multiple projects. With guidance, develop detailed project schedules for all assigned projects, mapping dates and resources to tasks. Monitor progress and resolve approved deviations from plan.
- Maintain and demonstrate good teamwork on assigned projects through actions and job performance.
- Provide effective Customer Service by being courteous, polite and friendly toward others at all times. Acknowledge customers immediately in order to determine need and help the customer resolve issue or request. Participate in departmental programs that promote and deliver exceptional customer service.
- Perform other duties and special projects as assigned by the Regional Operations Manager.