Telecom Administrator III
CHRISTUS System Office
CHRISTUS Information Mgmt-79100
919 Hidden Ridge
Irving, TX 75038
The Enterprise Telecommunications Administrator III is primarily accountable for leading PBX telephone systems administration, telecommunications and voice network installations, repairs and upgrades. Responsibilities include product testing of all telecommunication systems, including operating systems enhancements and equipment upgrades. Planning, evaluating, installing and performing maintenance procedures for telecommunication systems and infrastructure are additional functions. The Enterprise Telecommunications Administrator III is responsible for delivering high quality, cost effective solutions to all levels of users. This includes support for both the technology and processes. The Enterprise Telecommunications Administrator III is also responsible for supporting the business goals and objectives for the Department, the Information Services Organization, and the organization as a whole.
* Lead in the planning, installations, support and maintenance of PBX telecommunication systems.
* Identify issues and concerns and communicate them to the Supervisor. Develop options and recommendations.
* Oversee the technical and operational training of less experienced staff in voice and telecommunications procedures.
* Demonstrate extensive knowledge of PBX telephone system installation, configuration, and modification including operating system implementations and support. Be able to implement, configure, and modify programming functions such as hunt groups, VDNs, vectors, Agent LoginIDs, and IVR solutions.
* Lead the activities related to testing of telecommunications upgrades and enhancements. Work with vendors during product testing to ensure a successful upgrade.
* Demonstrate strong communication and human relationship skills.
* Responsible for the documentation and upkeep of telecommunications technical standards and procedures.
* Contact vendors regarding service issues to receive support information or assistance as instructed by the supervisor.
* Produce and maintain technical documentation on the assigned systems.
* Produce required department reporting associated with projects and problems assigned. Documentation includes current status and problem documentation summary within the problem management system.
* Define boundaries, set priorities, plan and manage multiple projects. Develop detailed project schedules for all assigned projects, mapping dates and resources to tasks. Monitor progress and resolve approved deviations from plan.
* Maintain and demonstrate good teamwork on assigned projects through actions and job performance.
* Provide effective Customer Service by being courteous, polite and friendly toward others at all times. Acknowledge customers immediately in order to determine need and help the customer resolve issue or request. Participate in departmental programs that promote and deliver exceptional customer service.
* Perform other duties and special projects as assigned by the Manager of Internetworking.
* Bachelor degree in a technical field preferred or equivalent industry experience (6 years) recommended
* Extensive knowledge of microcomputer, and telecommunications strategies, environments, applications, operating systems and equipment
* Project Management
* Problem solving skills
* Patience, strong customer service skills
* Multi-tasking ability
* Time Management
* Detail oriented
* Interpersonal skills
* Advanced technical knowledge and hands-on experience with Avaya enterprise level telephone systems including operational support of 30,000+ endpoints.
* Advanced ability to troubleshoot, evaluate and diagnose problems and recommend and implement solutions.
* Advanced knowledge of Call Center configurations, processes, data capturing, reports and analysis.
* Advanced knowledge of CDR/SMDR/Call Accounting applications used for capture and analysis of telephone usage for trunking and long distance analysis.
* Advanced knowledge and experience with trunking, automatic route selection and routing of phone calls.
* Advanced experience with cabling standards
* Advanced knowledge of uniform dial plans and direct connectivity with multiple telephone systems.
* Advanced knowledge of PSTN lines and trunks (copper and T1s).
* Advanced knowledge of connectivity with other vendor telephone systems.
* Advanced knowledge of connectivity with other equipments, such as dictation, time clocks, fax servers, CDR etc., via analog, T1 and IP.
* Working knowledge of VoIP phone set needs, including DHCP and TFTP and IP addressing schemes.
* Participate with Internetworking team to implement VoIP and IP trunking.
* Advanced knowledge and experience with IP trunking and routing between telephone systems.
* Advanced experience performing firmware updates to Avaya telephone system components.
* Advanced experience at implementing and supporting telephone system networks based on AVAYA Technology.
* Experience at implementing and supporting IP based telephony systems implemented on Cisco Technology.
* Provide leadership and training to other staff members
* Provide advanced level training to super users of telephony features and capabilities.
* Good communication skills, both written and oral
* Ability to interact effectively with both technical and non-technical personnel & customers
* Participate in multi-party projects spanning several months.
* Update all applicable troubleshooting procedures/documentation
Six years of increasingly responsible experience in coordinating corporate telecommunication systems preferred
Preferred Licenses, Registrations, or Certifications:
Valid Driver's License