Provides Laboratory technical consulting for the Trinity Mother Frances Hospitals & Clinics laboratory testing sites (Physician clinics, Jacksonville Hospital, Winnsboro Hospital, designated Mother Frances Hospital Point of Care locations). This includes monitoring of quality control, Performance Improvement, proficiency testing, and competency assessments for all lab and non-lab testing personnel. Writes and updates policies for new and existing procedures. Performs all procedures and educates laboratory testing personnel according to recognized laboratory standards with emphasis on age specific standards as associated with job-related policies and procedures. Has the responsibility of assuring that personnel at designated testing sites performing laboratory procedures meet CLIA, Joint Commission, and TMFHC guidelines for testing. Assures that laboratory testing personnel are following OSHA and TMFHC mandated safety guidelines. Must be able to travel to all TMFHC testing sites. Performs laboratory testing in competency assessed sections of the Laboratory.
- MT (ASCP or AMT) or equivalent
- B.S. degree in Medical Technology; 3 years college courses in Chemistry, Biology, and Mathematics
- 2 years clinical laboratory training or experience, or both in non-waived testing
- Experience with Microsoft Word and Excel. Prefer experience with Cerner Lab.
- Automated instruments and Point of Care instruments
- Communication skills; Verbal and Written
- Teaching or training experience