Surgical Technician Cert- Surgery General
CHRISTUS Ambulatory Services
Nursing & Nursing Support
CHRISTUS SR Hospital-Alamo Hts-36000
403 Treeline Park
San Antonio, TX 78209
Share This Job On
Apply Now Surgical Technician Cert- Surgery General Job in San Antonio
Performs a variety of technical duties to assist in preparing and caring for pre-operative patients. Prepares patient skin for surgery in accordance with hospital standards. Maintains aseptic techniques; actively monitors situations which could lead to breaches in aseptic technique. Provides comfort and support for pre-operative patients by demonstrating sensitivity to patient's care and privacy. Transports patients to and from Operating Room suite. Positions patients according to type of surgery. Identifies and cares for biological specimens. Prepares the Operating Room by setting up tables, instruments and supplies according to type of case.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Previous experience as an OR Tech preferred.
License & Certification:
- Completion of an accredited surgical tech program or current Texas LVN license.
- CPR-(American Heart Association).
- CST certification required within six months from hire/transfer date. Associates employed on or before 09/01/09 are exempt from this requirement.