The Level I Team Associate is an entry level position that is responsible for the duties and services that are of a support nature to the RCBS High Performance Work Teams. Ensures that all processes are performed in a timely and efficient manner. Performs assigned duties such as, cash posting, mail handling, scanning, sorting, assembly, copying, faxing and data entry. Although this position is entry level, it is of a developmental nature with expectation of future growth within the RCBS.
- Ensures all payments are retrieved and posted accurately and timely.
- Researches submitted cash payments by verifying patient account numbers and appropriate facility.
- Keypunches all cash receipts and credit card payments and reconciles to batch.
- Monitor and performs cash reconciliation to identify cash posting errors and ensures all receipts are applied and reconciles to daily bank deposit and monthly bank statements.
- Ensures daily productivity standards are met.
- Performs medical record requests when necessitated by payers. Monitors to ensure receipt of records within established target. Provides management with reports of outstanding requests when targets are not met.
- Perform support services for departmental Associates such as faxing of documents, copying, printing of forms, data entry and reception relief.
- Gathers all information needed to ensure payment of the claim.
- Responsible for requesting, printing and forwarding all required documentation to payers.
- Retrieve EOB's as necessary as required.
- Process handwritten adjustments.
- Performs mail retrieval, sorting, distribution and inter-facility delivery duties for all RCBS Associates.
- Performs all scanning related activities.
- Works collaboratively with team members to assist in keeping workload evenly distributed.
- Coordinates, communicates and assists in monitoring work flow and work tasks as necessary to manage fluctuating volumes.
- Provides feedback to team and team lead to help in identifying process educational, and mediation needs through Management By Fact process.
- Ensures quality standards are met in clerical services performed in accordance with Integrity and Compliance guidelines.
B. Education and Training:
- HS Diploma or equivalency required
- Post HS education preferred
- Must have good verbal and written communication skills in order to present and explain information to internal and external customers.
- Ability to write letters.
- Must have practical experience with Word, Excel, Adobe applications.
- Must have ability to make independent decisions that are generally guided by established procedures.
- Must have a desire to learn ethical and compliant business practices.
- Must be able to handle sensitive, stressful and confidential situations and account information.
- Must have excellent 10-key skill-set.
- Must have knowledge to perform functions requiring the use of the internet.
- Willingness and ability to learn new tasks.
D. Licenses, Registrations, or Certifications: