Supervisor HIM Coding
CHRISTUS Physician Group/Ambulatory
CPG Spohn Region Admin-47645
613 Elizabeth St
Corpus Christi, TX 78404
Share This Job On
Apply Now Supervisor HIM Coding Job in Corpus Christi
Responsible for supervising and directing efforts of personnel in all aspects of the Health Information Management Department. Ensures maintenance of team discipline for all elements of established standard processes (work management, tools, standards of performance, the 5S of lean principles and standards, daily team briefings, metrics tracking, adherence to process agreements, prompt resolution of issues, problems and opportunities). Actively participates in HIM/Revenue Cycle initiatives. Other related duties as assigned.
- Maintains a medical record system that supports complete, timely, accurate, confidential, and readily accessible medical records on all patients receiving treatment in the CHRISTUS Santa Rosa Healthcare System.
- Motivates/coaches and trains staff to accomplish assigned tasks and designated workload within specified time frames.
- Represents CHRISTUS Santa Rosa Healthcare System by appearing in court.
- Facilitates completion of documentation (affidavits, interrogatories, etc.) and ensures that appropriate information is released to internal and external customers.
- Acts a liaison with offsite Storage Company in coordinating annual record "pick up," retrieval process as well as other issues identified.
- Utilizes resources efficiently and effectively.
- Maintains safe environment.
- Participates in Performance Improvement activities.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Minimum requirement: High School Diploma
- Preferred -- Associates Degree in Health Information Management or Bachelor's Degree in Health Information Management
- Minimum -- 1 year supervisory/managerial experience in an acute care Health Information Management Department with demonstrated leadership and communication skills.
- Preferred -- 2 or more years supervisory/managerial experience in an acute care Health Information Management Department with demonstrated leadership and communication skills.
- Required -- NA
- Preferred -- Registered Health Information Technician (RHIT) or Registered Health Information Administrator (RHIA)