Supervisor Coder Clinical Documentation Improvement -CDIS
CHRISTUS Santa Rosa
CHRISTUS Santa Rosa Westover H-31600
11212 State Highway 151
San Antonio, TX 78251
Share This Job On
Apply Now Supervisor Coder Clinical Documentation Improvement -CDIS Job in San Antonio
The CDI Supervisor Coder is a certified coder who is responsible for supervising the overall operations, functions, workflow, services, staff and expenses related to Clinical Documentation Improvement (CDI). The CDI Supervisor Coder plans, organizes, develops, staffs and supervises CDI.A. Education/Skills
- Bachelor's degree in healthcare or business or related field required.
- Working knowledge of 3M 360.
- Advanced knowledge of the elements of ICD-10-CM and ICD-10-PCS coding systems and regulatory standards for coding.
- Advanced knowledge of current hospital reimbursement systems and associated regulatory review.
- Knowledge of appropriate methods for auditing and reviewing information for quality control purposes.
- Proficient knowledge of business and professional relationships and the ethics involved among hospitals, physicians and patients.
- Proficient knowledge of the principles and practices of leadership, supervision, work planning and organization.
- Utilizes daily, monthly and periodic reports to manage staff performance relative to timely and accurate coding.
- Function as a project manager on training projects.
- Provide education programs that ensure proper clinical documentation that impact coders, physicians and other clinical staff.
- 5 + years medical records coding and auditing experience in an acute care setting with multiple specialty disciplines. Long-term acute care coding experience desired.
- 2 + years prior manager level experience required
- Experience working with multi-site locations highly desirable
- Understanding of ICD-10 required
C. Licenses, Registrations, or Certifications
- Certified Professional Coder (CPC) or Certified Professional Coder Hospital (CPC-H) from the American Academy of Professional Coders (AAPC) or Certified Coding Specialist / Physician (CCS/P)
- Registered Health Information Technician (RHIT) or Registered Health Information Administrator (RHIA) from the American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA) required