Supervisor Business Office - Business Office
CHRISTUS Ambulatory Services
CHRISTUS SR PASC-New Braunfels-31900
1738 E. Common St.
New Braunfels, TX 78130
Share This Job On
Apply Now Supervisor Business Office - Business Office Job in New Braunfels
Provides direction, leadership and accountability for the Admitting department, which encompasses registration, insurance verification pre-certification and cashiering. Optimizes staff performance through process redesign, policy/procedure implementation, communications and outcome feedback as a result of promoting employee empowerment and professional development. Serves as a liaison between the Admitting Department and other areas of the hospital.
- Bachelor's degree is preferred
- A minimum of five years of Admitting/Patient Account Management in addition to three years experience as a Patient Admission Representative is required.
- Maintains current knowledge of registration processes and systems; regulation and third party payer issues; and automated systems through literature review and in-service.
- Demonstrates the ability to design, implement, and devise a program that elicit desired outcomes on an organizational level.
- Demonstrates the ability to interpret customer requirement and recommend, design and implement procedures for compliance with regulations and standards.
- Displays on-going leadership in promoting positive attitudes and ensuring exceptional customer service. Serves as a coach, mentor and team builder.
- Demonstrates the ability to communicate and work with physicians, physician office personnel, associates and others in order to expedite the registration process to avoid negative patient service.
- Displays creativity in making process recommendations and to implement such change.
- Is self-directed, global thinker with the ability to work with groups as well as independently.
- Demonstrates the ability to handle a high degree of pressure, heavy workloads, multiple requests, numerous interruptions, and short deadlines in a positive manner.
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Normal office conditions will apply.
- Must successfully complete the pre-employment/post job offer health screening examination and the annual screening each year thereafter as an employee. Must be willing to work variable hours to meet the needs of the department and its customers.