Student Intern - Human Resource Strategy
CHRISTUS System Office
919 Hidden Ridge
Irving, TX 75038
Share This Job On
Apply Now Student Intern - Human Resource Strategy Job in Irving
A meaningful educational experience for a college student to gain valuable experience in their field of study; while accomplishing tasks and completing projects in an enriching environment. The intern will gain networking opportunities which include interactions with CHRISTUS leaders and Associates. The Intern will be provided with a variety of projects to support learning objectives in areas of human resources.
Successful completion of Ten to Twelve week internship at CHRISTUS Corporate Office as demonstrated by:
- Engagement in collaboration and problem-solving by completing a meaningful HR project in an area of interest from pre-determined topics.
- Engagement in critical review of Communicate to Influence By: B. Decker
- Presenting HR project findings to a group of CHRISTUS leaders
- Broad exposure to potential career paths through experiential learning/ shadowing in the areas of Talent Acquisition, Talent Management, Total Rewards, Payroll/ Compensation, and HR Strategy.
- Facilitation of HR Breakfast Club learning opportunity
- Opportunity to attend Dallas SHRM monthly luncheon and other industry related networking/ learning opportunities, as appropriate.
- Additional projects/ substantive tasks, as assigned
- Currently enrolled in College degree program in one of the following degree programs; MS in Employee Relations, Human Resources, or Industrial & Labor Relations;
MA in Organizational Psychology, MBA (with Human Resources emphasis or undergrad), BS in Employee Relations, Human Resources, or Industrial & Labor Relations.
- PC and Microsoft Office skills
- Excellent communication skills and ability to effectively work with others
- Quick learner with attention to detail, high degree of confidentiality and solid organizational skills
- Needs to be resourceful, innovative and persuasive with ability to problem solve and troubleshoot
- At least 2 years of college preparation towards major.