Storage Engineer I
CHRISTUS System Office
10002 Rogers Run
San Antonio, TX 78251
Share This Job On
Apply Now Storage Engineer I Job in San Antonio
The Enterprise Storage Engineer I is a strategic position providing the immediate level of technical skill and expertise in Storage Engineering as well as a tactical position involved with the execution of Storage Networking operations.
- Responsible for full life cycle management of the storage environment including requirements gathering, design, implementation and support.
- Has extensive technical knowledge and experience in operational maintenance, availability, capacity planning, and monitoring of critical Storage Area Networking (SAN), Network Attached Storage (NAS) and other storage related environments.
- Will administer solutions based on business requirements and knowledge of appropriate systems and system software.
- Knowledge and leadership in emerging storage technologies such as IT business continuity, replication, encryption, de-duplication, storage virtualization, thin provisioning, virtual tape, storage resource management (SRM), and database cloning.
- Storage provisioning, performance tuning, adding volumes, scripting for automating of tasks, assigning ports, error tracking, data movement, software configurations, product evaluation, and addressing compatibility issues.
- Works as part of a cross-functional team that deals with the full spectrum of technology and will fulfill the role of third level support for storage technologies, providing training and direction to other technical staff that perform the bulk of the first and second level support tasks.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Math or related field or equivalent experience (8 years) required.
- Intermediate technical knowledge of Storage Area Networks and Storage Engineering to include: Interoperability, fiber infrastructure, storage masking, fiber channel transitions, and storage routers.
- Experience with VMware virtualization technologies
- In depth knowledge of electronic hardware to the component level as it relates to Data Center operations in general and Fiber Channel specifically
- In depth knowledge of Storage Area Network from specific detail about components and software to then extend and include an overall view the requirements for storage across the corporate enterprise
- Hardware/Software experience with one or more of the following models is required: * EMC Time Finder, ECC or equivalent software * McData/Brocade/Cisco director level fabric switches * In-depth knowledge of EMC storage product lines and HP Storage product lines
- Knowledge of local and wide area networking on multiple platforms: Windows, Novell, Unix, Linux and VMware; network protocols and routing; network, server, and host operating systems; IP networking, internet and intranet technologies; email, groupware, office automation and collaboration technologies; voice and/or data communications; voice and/or data networking; Windows desktop OS; server hardware, software, and administration.
- A total of eight (8) years of experience in large corporate systems environment with a wide variety of Information Management systems, networks and technologies required.
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience engineering solutions and instrumentation for EMC and/or HP Storage Area Networks (SAN) for mission critical, enterprise applications and databases
- Prior experience in a health care systems environment is a plus.
Licenses, Registrations, or Certifications:
One or more of the following storage networking certifications recommended:
- EMC Certified Professional/Engineer
- HP Certified SAN Engineer/Architect
- McData/Brocade SAN Fabric Professional
- SNIA Storage Networking Certification as an SCP, SCSE, SCA, or SCSN-E
- OS Engineer (Microsoft, UNIX or Linux)