The SQL Server Developer III is responsible for data integration to CHRISTUS Health Enterprise Data Platforms. Primary duties include design, development, implementation, troubleshooting and support of ETL processes in a Microsoft SQL Server environment. This role ensures data integration applications are developed to successfully deliver the Data and Analytics strategic objectives. This role will also troubleshoot and optimize data integration applications.
This role will collaborate with Enterprise Data Architecture initiatives to deliver high quality, contemporary, best-in-class solutions across CHRISTUS Health. This role supports the business goals and objectives for the Data Management division, the Information Management organization, and the enterprise as a whole.
POSITION SPECIFIC COMPETENCIES
- Core Values- Demonstrates CHRISTUS' Core Values (Dignity, Integrity, Compassion, Excellence, and Stewardship) in relationships and work.
- Creativity -- Develops new and unique ideas; easily makes connections among previously unrelated notions; tends to be seen as original and value-added in brainstorming settings.
- Customer Focus -- Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; gets first hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services; acts with the customers in mind; established and maintains effective relationships with customers and garnishes their trust and respect.
- Decision Quality -- Makes good decision (without considering how much time it takes) based upon a mixture of analysis, wisdom, experience, and judgement; most of his/her solutions and suggestions turn out to be correct and accurate when judged over time; sought out by others for advice and solutions.
- Drive for Results -- Makes good decision (without considering how much time it takes) based upon a mixture of analysis, wisdom, experience, and judgement; most of his/her solutions and suggestions turn out to be correct and accurate when judged over time; sought out by others for advice and solutions.
- Drive for results -- can be counted on to exceed goals successfully; is constantly and consistently one of the top performers; very bottom-line oriented; steadfastly pushes self and other for results.
- Peer relationships -- Can quickly find common group and solve problems for the good of all; can represent his/her own interests and yet be fair to others groups; can solve problems with peers with minimum of noise; is seen as a team player and is cooperative; easily gains trust and support of peers; encourages collaboration; can be candid with peers.
- Priority Setting -- Spends his/her time and the time of others on what's important; quickly zeroes in on the critical few and puts the trivial many aside; can quickly sense what will help or hinder accomplishing a goal; eliminates roadblocks; creates focus.
- Proficiency in Business Intelligence/Data Warehouse environment with involvement in design, development, implementation, troubleshooting and support of ETL process using Microsoft SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS).
- Proven ability in developing Data warehousing, Operational Data Store (ODS) and Data Mart on Microsoft SQL Server.
- Excellent programming skills in writing Complex Stored Procedures, Queries, Views, User Defined Functions, Cursors and Common Table Expressions using SQL or T-SQL.
- Proven ability in Performance Tuning and Query Optimization by Indexing, Partitioning and Denormalization.
- Advanced level of SQL programming for data analysis is required.
- Must provide production support to ensure stability and efficiency.
- Experience working in an Agile Environment, preferred.
- Willingness and ability to learn advanced analytics technologies, including SQL Server Analytics Services (SSAS) and Python.
- Must have communication skills and ability to develop and present solutions to all levels of management (including executive levels).
- Must have demonstrated the ability to solve complex problems with minimal direction.
- Must be able to interact effectively and patiently with customers especially while under pressure.
- The ability to work on multiple projects/tasks simultaneously to meet project deadlines for self and others as required.
- Ability to establish and maintain positive working relationships with other employees.
- Bachelor's degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, Engineering, Math, or related field preferred.
- Minimum Eight (8) years of experience with SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) in designing and developing complex ETL packages.
- Minimum Eight of (8) years of experience with writing and debugging complex SQL stored procedures and queries.
- Minimum of Four (4) years of experience with SQL Server database replication.
- Minimum of Four (4) years of experience in designing and developing data models for Transactions and Reporting.
- Four (4) years Healthcare IT experience is preferred.
C. Licenses, Registrations, or Certifications
- Certifications in MS SQL Server are a plus.