Speech Pathologist - Physical Therapy
Rehab - Physical/Occupational/Speech Therapy
CHRISTUS Spohn Hosp-Shoreline-25100
600 Elizabeth St
Corpus Christi, TX 78404
Share This Job On
Apply Now Speech Pathologist - Physical Therapy Job in Corpus Christi
Examines, tests, diagnoses and administers remedial treatments for patients with speech and hearing disorders. Evaluates patients regarding the application of a wide variety of therapeutic techniques for rehabilitation of speech, language, hearing, and oral motor disorders. Records speech samples and conducts phonetic analyses of speech ability. Documents test results and recommends remedial treatment. Performs evaluations with special attention to receptive and expressive language skills, speech fluency, vocal and oral motor competence, articulation and auditory skills. Confers with associates and institutes treatment utilizing corrective exercises and special equipment. Maintains active and support communication with the patient regarding progress, problems, home programs and other issues related to the therapeutic process. Bachelor's Degree required. Speech Therapy/Pathology license required. FLSA Status: Non-exempt.
- Graduate of an accredited/approved school of Speech Language Pathology.
- New graduates are accepted for this position, although experience is preferred. CFY supervision may be arranged.
- Must have, or is eligible for, state licensure.
- Must present license prior to employment.
- American Speech Language Hearing Association (ASHA) card required within one year of hire/transfer.