Fri, Sat, Sun
Speech Pathologist - Inpatient Rehab
CHRISTUS St Michael
Rehab - Physical/Occupational/Speech Therapy
ALT St Michael Rehab Hospital-15200
2400 St Michael Dr
Texarkana, TX 75503
Share This Job On
Apply Now Speech Pathologist - Inpatient Rehab Job in Texarkana
Examines, tests, diagnoses and administers remedial treatments for patients with speech and hearing disorders. Evaluates patients regarding the application of a wide variety of therapeutic techniques for rehabilitation of speech, language, hearing, and oral motor disorders. Records speech samples and conducts phonetic analyses of speech ability. Documents test results and recommends remedial treatment. Performs evaluations with special attention to receptive and expressive language skills, speech fluency, vocal and oral motor competence, articulation and auditory skills. Confers with associates and institutes treatment utilizing corrective exercises and special equipment. Maintains active and support communication with the patient regarding progress, problems, home programs and other issues related to the therapeutic process.
- 1 year experience in hospital setting strongly preferred
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- New graduate entry level or any amount of experience in speech therapy is acceptable.
- Masters level degree in speech language pathology is required.
- Application to begin fellowship year. At onset of clinical fellowship year, apply for temporary license with Arkansas and Texas Board of Examiners. At completion of clinical fellowship year obtain full license with American Speech and Hearing Association, Certification of Clinical Competence, Arkansas and Texas Board of Examiners.
- Basic computer knowledge.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.