CHRISTUS Trinity Mother Frances
TMFHS TYR Medical Arts Plz-38025
619 S. Fleishel
Tyler, TX 75701
Share This Job On
Apply Now Specialty Coder Job in Tyler
Selected by CHRISTUS Health Coding Leadership, to focus coding skills and expertise on designated Inpatient or Outpatient high dollar or specialty account types. Specialty Coder is responsible for maintaining current and high-quality ICD-10-CM, ICD-10-PCS and/or CPT coding for the Inpatient and or/ Outpatient diagnoses and procedural occurrences, through the review of clinical documentation and diagnostic results, with a consistent coding accuracy rate of 95% or better. Specialty Coder will accurately abstract data into any and all appropriate CHRISTUS Health electronic medical record systems, verifying accurate patient dispositions and physician data, following the Official ICD-10-CM and ICD-10-PCS Guidelines for Coding and Reporting and AMA CPT Guidelines.
Coder will work collaboratively with various CHRISTUS Health departments, including but not limited to the HIM and Clinical Documentation Specialists, to ensure accurate and complete physician documentation to support accurate billing and reduce denials. Coder will also assist in other areas of the department, as requested by leadership.Coder will report directly to their Regional Coding Manager, with additional leadership from the Director of Coding Operations and System HIM Director.
- Assign codes for diagnoses, treatments and procedures according to the ICD-10-CM/PCS Official Guidelines for Coding and Reporting through review of coding critical documentation, to generate appropriate MS/APR DRG.
- Abstracts required information from source documentation, to be entered into appropriate CHRISTUS Health electronic medical record system.
- Validates admit orders and discharge dispositions.
- Works from assigned coding queue, completing and re-assigning accounts correctly.
- Manages accounts on ABS Hold, finalizing accounts when corrections have been made, in a timely manner.
- Meets or exceeds an accuracy rate of 95%.
- Meets or exceeds the designated CHRISTUS Health Productivity standard per chart type.
- Abides by the Standards of Ethical Coding as set forth by the American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA).
- Assists in implementing solutions to reduce backend-errors.
- Identifies and appropriately reports all hospital-acquired conditions (HAC).
- Expertly queries providers for missing or unclear documentation, by working with the HIM department and Clinical Documentation Improvement Specialists.
- Participates in both internal and external audit discussions.
- All other work duties as assigned by Manager
A. Education/ Skills
- High school Diploma or GED.
- Completion of Accredited Baccalaureate Health Informatics or Health Information Management or an AHIMA approved Coding Certificate Program, preferred.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to work independently in a remote setting, with little supervision.
- Three(3) to five(5) years of Inpatient and/or Outpatient coding experience in an acute care setting.
C. Licenses, Registrations, or Certifications
- Registered Health Information Administrator (RHIA) (AHIMA)
- Registered Health Information Technician (RHIT) (AHIMA)
- Certified Coding Specialist (CCS) (AHIMA)
- Certified Professional Coder (CPC) (AAPC)
- Certified Interventional Radiology and Cardiovascular Coder (CIRCC) (AAPC)