CHRISTUS System Office
CORP Revenue Cycle Business-55600
919 Hidden Ridge
Irving, TX 75038
Share This Job On
Apply Now Specialty Coder Job in Irving
CHRISTUS Health System offers the Specialty Coder position as a remote opportunity. Candidate must reside in the states of Texas, Louisiana, Arkansas, New Mexico or Georgia to further be considered for this position.
Selected by CHRISTUS Health Coding Leadership, to focus coding skills and expertise on designated Inpatient or Outpatient high dollar or specialty account types. Specialty Coder is responsible for maintaining current and high-quality ICD-10-CM, ICD-10-PCS and/or CPT coding for the Inpatient and or/ Outpatient diagnoses and procedural occurrences, through the review of clinical documentation and diagnostic results, with a consistent coding accuracy rate of 95% or better. Specialty Coder will accurately abstract data into any and all appropriate CHRISTUS Health electronic medical record systems, verifying accurate patient dispositions and physician data, following the Official ICD-10-CM and ICD-10-PCS Guidelines for Coding and Reporting and AMA CPT Guidelines.
Coder will work collaboratively with various CHRISTUS Health departments, including but not limited to the HIM and Clinical Documentation Specialists, to ensure accurate and complete physician documentation to support accurate billing and reduce denials. Coder will also assist in other areas of the department, as requested by leadership.
Coder will report directly to their Regional Coding Manager, with additional leadership from the Director of Coding Operations and System HIM Director.
A. Education/ Skills:
- High school Diploma or GED.
- Completion of Accredited Baccalaureate Health Informatics or Health Information Management or an AHIMA approved Coding Certificate Program, preferred.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to work independently in a remote setting, with little supervision.
- Three(3) to five(5) years of Inpatient and/or Outpatient coding experience in an acute care setting.
- Registered Health Information Administrator (RHIA) (AHIMA)
- Registered Health Information Technician (RHIT) (AHIMA)
- Certified Coding Specialist (CCS) (AHIMA)
- Certified Professional Coder (CPC) (AAPC)
- Certified Interventional Radiology and Cardiovascular Coder (CIRCC) (AAPC)