Social Worker MSW II - Case Management Job in Corpus Christi
This position is responsible for assisting in meeting the patient's needs throughout the continuum of care. Guides patients, families, physicians, and to the appropriate community and adjunct resources that foster quality of life. Interviews patients and families/support systems to obtain an age-specific psychosocial assessment. Assists patients and families in adjustments to illness, disabilities, and resolving difficulties which interfere with the care management process. Provides psychosocial assessments and develops an interdisciplinary plan of care with the patient and stakeholders to best meet the needs of patients and families. Implements/assist with discharge planning services related to the complex patient.
CHRISTUS Spohn Hospital Corpus Christi-Shoreline overlooking Corpus Christi Bay is the largest and foremost acute care medical facility in the region, with a full range of diagnostic and surgical specialty services in cardiac, cancer and stroke care. It is the leading emergency facility in the area and the only Level II Trauma Center in the Coastal Bend, staffed with physicians and nurses specially trained in emergency services.
- The Pavilion and the Critical Care Center house a state-of-the-art Emergency Department, ICU, Cardiac Cath Lab and surgical suites.
- A teaching facility, in affiliation with the Texas A&M University System Health Science Center College of Medicine
- Accredited Chest Pain Center
- Accredited Joint Commission Stroke Team
The Shoreline campus is a premiere facility housing many of the region’s most vital and renowned programs such as a Primary Stroke Center, nationally accredited Cancer Center and a nationally recognized Chest Pain Center. The Pavilion at CHRISTUS Spohn Hospital Corpus Christi-Shoreline houses the CHRISTUS Spohn Heart Network, which was recently recognized as one of the top 100 cardiovascular hospitals in the United States. The Heart Institute offers the most advanced diagnostic, surgical and rehabilitative cardiac services in one convenient location.
- Master's Degree in Social Work from accredited institution
- Strong interview, assessment, organizational and problem-solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal communication and negotiation skills
- Ability to work with people of all social, economic and cultural backgrounds
- Ability to analyze, develop and manage change
- Ability to work independently and to develop relationships with physicians, families, patients, interdisciplinary team and community agencies
- Demonstrates ability to connect patients and families with necessary services
- Maintain working knowledge of resources and services available in the community including options for those with limited or non-existent funding options
- One to two years hospital social work experience or applicable social service experience preferred
- LCSW, LBSW or LMSW License in state of employment
- Case Management Certification preferred