8AM - 5PM
Social Worker MSW - Case Management
CHRISTUS Spohn Hospital Corpus Christi Shoreline
600 Elizabeth Street
Corpus Christi, TX 78404
USView Other Locations
Share This Job On
Apply Now Social Worker MSW - Case Management Job in Corpus Christi
The Social Worker is responsible for meeting patient need for the continuum of care by the discharge planning process. Directs access to appropriate community and adjunct resources that foster quality of life.Interviews patients and their family members/support systems to obtain an age-specific psychosocial assessment.Assist patients and families in adjustments to illness and disabilities and resolving personal financial and environmental difficulties which interfere with the care management process.Provides crisis intervention, individual and family therapy where skilled social work judgment is required.Provide discharge arrangements beginning upon patient’s admission.Attends and actively participates in interdisciplinary patient care rounds and works with the health care team to collaboratively formulate appropriate and realistic discharge plans.Assesses the psychosocial needs of family members / support systems that may interfere with optimizing the patient’s care management.Demonstrates awareness of the importance of addressing patient’s quality of life by maintaining current and up to date information of community resources and refers patients to those community resources which will enhance patient’s life.Provides resource/referral for counseling services and other recognized psychosocial therapies, child abuse referrals, adult protective service referrals, guardianship petitions and psychiatric petitions.Initiates referrals and appears in court as subpoenaed.Demonstrates competence to perform assigned patient care responsibilities in a manner that meets the age-specific and developmental needs of the patients served by the department.Provides referral to Spiritual Care and assist in crisis intervention to patients and their family members involved in emergency trauma, deaths, loss of home, family violence, etc.Assess high-risk patients who exhibit behaviors that are maladaptive to the adjustment of the illness and /or disability.
CHRISTUS Spohn Hospital Corpus Christi-Shoreline overlooking Corpus Christi Bay is the largest and foremost acute care medical facility in the region, with a full range of diagnostic and surgical specialty services in cardiac, cancer and stroke care. It is the leading emergency facility in the area and the only Level II Trauma Center in the Coastal Bend, staffed with physicians and nurses specially trained in emergency services.
- The Pavilion and the Critical Care Center house a state-of-the-art Emergency Department, ICU, Cardiac Cath Lab and surgical suites.
- A teaching facility, in affiliation with the Texas A&M University System Health Science Center College of Medicine
- Accredited Chest Pain Center
- Accredited Joint Commission Stroke Team
The Shoreline campus is a premiere facility housing many of the region’s most vital and renowned programs such as a Primary Stroke Center, nationally accredited Cancer Center and a nationally recognized Chest Pain Center. The Pavilion at CHRISTUS Spohn Hospital Corpus Christi-Shoreline houses the CHRISTUS Spohn Heart Network, which was recently recognized as one of the top 100 cardiovascular hospitals in the United States. The Heart Institute offers the most advanced diagnostic, surgical and rehabilitative cardiac services in one convenient location.
- Master’s degree from an accredited school of Social Work or related field.
- Two years experience involving direct patient care is preferred.Must have a good knowledge of the principles and practices of social work.Will be expected to utilize a variety of highly developed skills in individual and /or group methods.Must have a good working knowledge of the impact of illness on the patient and family as well as an understanding of the age specific needs and cultural differences. Must possess a high level of analytical abilities necessary to identify and plan for resolution of difficult psychosocial illness related problems.
- LMSW or LCSW licensure required through Texas Department of Health.