Social Worker Case Management FT/40HRS
CHRISTUS St. Vincent
490A West Zia Rd
Santa Fe, NM 87505
Share This Job On
Apply Now Social Worker Case Management FT/40HRS Job in Santa Fe
In collaboration with the RN Case Manager, works with the patient/family, physicians, interdisciplinary team and external agencies, the Social Worker ensures the patient's progress along the continuum in an efficient and cost--effective manner. Demonstrates expertise in patient/family assessment incorporating physical, psychosocial, environmental, spiritual, and financial factors to create a sound discharge plan to assure proper patient placement across the healthcare continuum and to maximize capacity. Utilizes psychosocial assessment skills and crisis intervention techniques to expedite and support healthcare team's work with patient /family. The Social Worker, in collaboration with the RN Case Manager, is responsible for identifying and initiating the most efficient discharge plan to expedite the patient transition to the next appropriate level of care and to reduce length of stay. This position is the organization's expert in assessing and managing the patient's psycho-social needs. The Social Worker educates the health care team and physicians about psycho-social issues and identified patient/family problems as well as recommends strategies to address these issues.
Masters Degree in Social Work (MSW) required.
- Current licensure as an LMSW/LISW/LCSW in New Mexico
- Case Management certification - ACM (Accredited Case Manager), CCM (certified Case Manager) highly desirable.
- Ability to communicate effectively with diverse populations
- Ability to function in a stressful and fast paced environment
- Interpersonal skills that promote teamwork
- Critical thinking/problem solving skills.
- Knowledge of and ability to utilize in house and external resources.
- Flexibility in prioritization
- Ability to multitask
- Ability to analyze complex technical data and complex interpersonal dynamics in brief time
- Effective organizational skills
- Significant knowledge and understanding of availability of community and post-acute resources
- Proficient in the daily use of standard office equipment such as computer, phone, fax, pager, copier etc. and has skill in utilizing Microsoft Word and Outlook tools
- Acute hospital experience.
NATURE OF SUPERVISION:
Responsible to: Director of Case Management
General office environment and general hospital department/nursing units (100% of day).
Blood borne Pathogens: A
Ability to move around the hospital to all units/department for about 80% of the day, in office 20% of the day. Requires close work, good vision, dexterity to write as well as to use computer keyboard.