ServiceNow System Administrator
CHRISTUS System Office
919 Hidden Ridge
Irving, TX 75038
Share This Job On
Apply Now ServiceNow System Administrator Job in Irving
The ServiceNow System Administer role is a collaborative role requiring continuous interaction with Multiple internal and external stakeholders related to no code/low code development, configuration, testing, implementation and overall stakeholder satisfaction.MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES
- Demonstrates requirements gathering and analysis, solution design, development task management, quality assurance and release management.
- ServiceNow development experience in the Performance Analytics Module.
- Ability to create reports and dashboards.
- Demonstrates working knowledge of ServiceNow core architecture and especially modules such as Service Catalog, Incident/Change/Problem Management, Asset Management, CMDB, Knowledge Management, Project Portfolio Management, and Self-Service Portal.
- Effectively analyze and problem solving skills.
- Ability to work directly with internal (IM) and external clients.
- Collaborate effectively to develop solutions and handle general updates and configuration changes/requests.
- Identify system deficiencies and recommend solutions.
- Ensure the latest release of the ServiceNow application is implemented in a timely manner with minimal or no disruption.
- Ensure appropriate tools and processes are in place to have a development/test/production environment that is reliable and reproducible.
- Work closely with the PMO to ensure appropriate project documentation is available for each new initiative or enhancement; assist with IT projects as needed.
- Create and update knowledge base articles and CMDB to reflect accurate information related to system functionality and troubleshooting.
- Adhere to IM change management policies, procedures and processes.
- Comply with organizational ITIL and ITSM standards.
- In-depth knowledge of ServiceNow to configure and recommend configuration changes to improve system stability and performance.
- Experience Integrating ServiceNow with third-party tools desired.
- Be able to work independently and in a team environment managing a range of situations involving business stakeholders, vendor partners and technical resources.
- Attend and participate in regularly scheduled team meetings.
- Available for on-call and emergency response as needed.
- Identify and escalate business and technical opportunities as appropriate.
- Off-hour work and overnight travel may be required.
- Maintain a high level of professionalism with business stakeholders, vendors and staff.
- Perform all responsibilities in alignment with the core values of CHRISTUS Health.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience required
- 3+ years working with the ServiceNow platform in an Admin/Developer and enterprise-wide, multi-tier ServiceNow production environment
- Hands-on experience integrating ServiceNow with external systems
- ServiceNow Certified Administrator