ServiceNow Configuration Management System Administrator
CHRISTUS System Office
CHRISTUS Information Mgmt-79100
10002 Rogers Run
San Antonio, TX 78251
Share This Job On
Apply Now ServiceNow Configuration Management System Administrator Job in San Antonio
The ServiceNow Configuration Management System Administrator is a hands-on configuration and administration role requiring continuous collaboration with internal and external stakeholders related to configuration, testing, implementation and overall stakeholder satisfaction. The ServiceNow Configuration Management System Administrator will collaborate with IT Service Management (ITSM) and other IM support teams to build, maintain and improve the Discovery, CMDB, Service Mapping and Event Management processes.MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for administering the CMDB within the organization, working closely with other process leads and ensure that Asset specific information can be gathered and disseminated using efficient and consistently followed processes.
- Develops CMDB standards, CMDB plans and procedures. Implements the CMDB policy and standards and Provides guidance to all team members on how to perform CMDB processes
- Proposes and manages interfaces between Asset, Configuration Management, Change Management, Problem Management, Network Management, Release Management, Infrastructure etc.
- Assist with the development, implementation, and maintenance of all Configuration Management Database (CMDB) processes and activities
- Execute activities to identify new CI's and new CI relationships using automated tools or well-defined processes, as well as stale CI's and relationships
- Perform reconciliation of CMDB data, ensuring exceptions are noted between CMDB, discovery information, and other authoritative sources
- Lead activities to correct any gaps or inefficiencies in CMDB data, including Configuration Items and their respective attributes
- Establish audit practices and conduct audits to ensure data integrity and confirm accountable parties are in compliance with the usage of the CMDB processes
- Support design, development, and implementation of automated processes for gathering, populating, and maintaining CMDB data.
- Assist with the design of the CMDB data models including classes, naming conventions, relationships etc.
- Produce weekly, monthly, and quarterly reports on CI data accuracy including stale, orphan, and duplicate CIs
- Work closely with service owners to ensure the CI mappings are accurate and up to date
- Create technical documentation related to CMDB discovery and service mapping processes
- Works directly with the IT Asset and Configuration Manager to develop strategy and roadmap for CMDB implementation and upkeep
- Work closely with IT Security and Engineering teams to work through any discovery blockers
- Identify and maintain all assets and features associated with the Configuration Items (CIs).
- Recommend process improvement to the Discovery and Configuration Management functions; proactively identify and suggest improvement opportunities.
- Participate in Change Advisory Board (CAB) and Transition-to-Support meetings and processes to capture new or changing support processes that require CMS updates.
- Assist with developing user training documentation and end user / quick reference guides.
- Create and update knowledge base articles to improve support team effectiveness.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Business or equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- 2-4 years' experience designing, implementing and establishing a working CMDB as the trusted source for operational information required
- 2-4 years working with the ServiceNow platform as an Analyst or Administrator
- Experience configuring, maintaining, and upgrading MID servers and MID server clusters.
- Experience administering and troubleshooting the ServiceNow Discovery module
- Experience maintaining the ServiceNow CMDB and Asset Management module
- Experience with SNMP protocol, MIB files, OIDs
- Comprehensive understanding of the relationships between asset and configuration management
- Strong documentation skills and attention to detail
- Effective prioritization skills and the ability to execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Ability to work in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Preferred -- ServiceNow System Administrator certification
- Preferred -- ServiceNow ITOM Administrator certification
- Preferred -- ServiceNow Discovery / Event Management Fundamentals
- Preferred -- ServiceNow CIS-Discovery Certification
- Preferred -- ServiceNow CIS-Service Mapping Certification
- Preferred -- ITIL v3 Foundations certification