The Service Desk Analyst II(SDAII) is responsible for supporting the functional and operational efficiency of Information Management and the Service Support Division. SDAII's will take ownership of resolving first and second level customer service requests related to both hardware and software and will use excellent problem-solving, communication, and interpersonal skills along with a patient, positive, and customer-friendly attitude within a team environment. SDAII's will be highly customer service orientated and proactive in anticipating and resolving problems while maximizing efficient use of computer resources. The Service Desk Analyst II is responsible for supporting the business goals, objectives of the Service Desk, the Service Support Division, Information Management, and the CHRISTUS organization as a whole. The SDAII is expected to cooperate with other personnel and workgroups, to practice ongoing self-development, and to demonstrate behaviors that are aligned with the CHRISTUS Mission, Core Values, and Vision.
- Provides first and second levels of hardware and software technical support to include password resets in a professional and timely manner, while ensuring Five-Star Customer Service to both CHRISTUS Health and external customers seeking assistance from the Service Desk through phone calls, emails, or self service tickets.
- Provides effective Five-Star Customer Service by being polite, courteous, and friendly towards all customers at all times. Acknowledges customers immediately in order to determine need and helps the customer resolve issues or requests. Participates in departmental programs that promote and deliver exceptional customer service.
- Provides customers with assistance in understanding and making appropriate use of software tools and various applications and equipment such as, but not limited to MEDITECH, Microsoft Office Suite, WYSE/PC terminals, and printers to support end user and/or customer requests.
- Answers customer questions and concerns regarding system operations and responds proactively in resolving system issues by assessing the extent of problem and escalating the issue to next level support when necessary.
- Determines higher tiered or second level support group responsible if First Call Resolution does not occur.
- Adheres to all established Service Desk policies, procedures, and guidelines for processing, escalating, notifying and closing customer calls.
- Fully documents all associated resolutions and/or actions taken in the ticketing software system, including but not limited to, description of incident, information on the customer and hardware used, troubleshooting methods performed, and actions taken to final resolution and furthermore communicates resolution/escalation to the customer.
- Manages Support Teams Service Desk dockets to ensure customer SLAs are being adhered to. Follows up with internal and external support technicians and analysts for ticket status updates.
- Facilitates knowledge sharing by creating Knowledge Base Articles and Wiki entries for Information Management support teams to utilize in resolving reoccurring issues.
- Maintains and demonstrates excellent teamwork skills during brainstorming and collaboration meetings.
- Identifies issues and concerns and communicates them to the Service Desk Supervisor. Helps to develop options and recommendations to support all related issues.
- Maintains technical and operational knowledge of all assigned business, clinical, and desktop applications as well as network systems on multiple platforms throughout the enterprise and organization. This includes a comprehensive knowledge of all available resources for providing First Call Resolutions.
- Mentors and assists in the training of organizational and departmental policies and procedures to all interns, Service Desk Operators, and Service Desk Analysts.
- Works with next level support groups to facilitate company-wide notifications regarding scheduled deployments, maintenances, and upgrades for new and existing IT platforms and/or services.
- Creates and maintains daily, weekly, monthly and/or yearly reports in a timely manner as assigned by the Service Desk Supervisor or Service Desk Manager.
- Assists Service Desk Analyst II's and III's and second level support analysts in testing and evaluating new products and technologies for the organization.
- Serves as a liaison between Information Management Department and all customers.
- Performs other duties and special projects as assigned by the Service Desk Team Leads, Service Desk Supervisor, or Service Desk Manager.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field preferred.
- Extensive background in troubleshooting hardware and application issues on Windows platforms is required.
- Knowledge of intermediate PC skills, computer technologies, network environments and activities required.
- Good typing skills with a minimum of 35 wpm required.
- Strong oral and written communication skills - minimum passing grade of 70 on basic grammar test.
- Project Management skills.
- Change Management skills are helpful.
- Problem solving skills are essential.
- Patience, compassion, strong customer service skills.
- Strong multi-tasking ability is a must.
- Strong Time Management skills.
- Must be extremely detail oriented.
- Strong customer service and interpersonal communication skills.
- Two years combined Customer Service Center/Help Desk/Service Desk experience required.
- Successful completion of all Service Desk Analyst I competencies required.
C. Licenses, Registrations, or Certifications:
- None required. A+, Network + or other industry certifications a preferred.