The Senior Project Manager is responsible for managing the performance and functions of assigned projects. This entails planning, reviewing and controlling the activities and conduct of project team members and/or team leaders for multiple project teams charged with the analysis, requirements definition, selection, implementation and review of major virtual care and innovation initiatives. The Senior Project Manager is responsible for creating sustainability plans and ongoing measurement of the effectiveness of, and recommending post-implementation strategies for enhancing the usefulness of all assigned virtual care and clinical innovation initiatives. This position is responsible for providing project management support, in line with the organization's values and goals, to assure the consistent delivery of high quality, cost-effective projects, solutions and service by highly qualified trained and committed professional staff. The Senior Project Manager is also responsible for supporting the business goals and objectives for the Department, and the organization as a whole.
- Utilizes project management methodologies through all phases of each initiative project life cycle for complex telehealth and clinical innovation projects
- Creates implementation plans and implements project processes including project integration, scope, time, cost, quality, human capital resources, communication strategies, risks analysis and mitigation and issue resolution.
- Engaging project stakeholders to identify and plan project scope
- Planning and managing the project schedule
- Planning and preparing communication strategies
- Managing project issues with Virtual Care and Clinical Innovation leadership and escalating as appropriate
- Development of project charters, including executive sponsors and process owners, team members, project scope and goal statement
- Routinely updating status reports with key metrics including schedule, budget, scope, risk and variance issues
- Maintains project documentation within existing project management tools
- Drafting training and education plans
- Assisting the Virtual Care and Clinical Innovation team with voice of the customer capture to ensure customer requirements have been met and/or exceeded
- Implementation of change management principles as needed
- Building positive relationships and collaborating with business professionals at all levels of the organization
- Remains current with technology and telehealth trends and related state and federal regulations regarding telehealth
- Bachelor's Degree in business or healthcare related field required.
- Master's Degree preferred
- Formal technical education in business management, or project management required
- Understanding of the health care industry and business/clinical disciplines
- Problem solving skills
- Patience, strong customer service skills
- Proven Leadership in a complex health care system environment
- Multi-tasking ability
- Time Management
- Interpersonal skills
- Vision, understanding of healthcare trends in telehealth
- Five years of successful project management/leadership experience required.
C. Licenses, Registrations, or Certifications:
- PMP Certification strongly preferred.