To provide a safe and secure environment. To provide protection and service to the patients, visitors, staff, and property of Good Shepherd Medical Center and its Affiliates. Two primary functions of a private security officer, as defined by the Texas Department of Public Safety-Private Security Bureau, are to prevent and observe.
- Texas Driver's License
- Texas Private Security Commission within the guidelines of the State of Texas. Must have Level 3 Commission card in hand prior to start of employment.
- De-escalation Training (within 30 days of hire)
- BLS Certification (within 30 days of hire)
- ASP Baton Training (within 30 days of hire)
- OC Spray Training (within 30 days of hire)
- PPCT Training (within 30 days of hire)
- High School Diploma or GED
- Two years verifiable armed experience
- Previous Security in Medical Setting (preferred)
- Specialized Training
- Peace Officer Certification (preferred)