Provides security for patients, Associates and visitors; protects hospital buildings, assets and premises as assigned. Responsible for responding to all emergency codes and internal/external disaster events when requested. Performs all duties in a manner that exceeds customer expectations.
- High school diploma or its equivalent required.
- Must have the ability to interact appropriately with all staff, patients and visitors, especially under difficult circumstances.
- Must be mentally alert at all times
- Must have excellent communication skills
- Must be able to make immediate decisions with regard to laws, policies and procedures.
- Must possess or be eligible to obtain a motor vehicle license
- Demonstrated competence with hand gun, hand cuffs, baton, non-crisis intervention certification and two-way radios.
- Frequent exposure to aggressive behavior and emotionally charged
- Occasional exposure to hazardous conditions such as fires, chemical spills, and flooding.
- Frequent exposure to heat and cold from external weather conditions.
- Long periods of walking, standing, stooping, and lifting.
- Must be physically fit and able to walk all areas of the facilities and grounds, to restrain those who need restraint and be able to assist nursing staff with lifting patients of all sizes.
- Must be able to handle multiple tasks and prioritize
- Must be able to handle personal stress and possible violence
- 2 years of healthcare security experience preferred
C. Licenses, Registrations, or Certifications
- Requires an active Level III Security Officer Commission with the Texas Department of Public Safety Private Security Bureau (TDPSPSB).