Security Manager - Security
CHRISTUS Southwestern Louisiana
CHRISTUS St. Patrick Hospital-10100
524 Dr Michael DeBakey Dr
Lake Charles, LA 70601
Share This Job On
Apply Now Security Manager - Security Job in Lake Charles
Responsible for planning, implementing, administering, supervising, and assuming responsibility for the Security Department activities to provide a safe and secure environment for patients, visitors, and employees on hospital property.
- Bachelors degree preferred or a Bachelors degree in Criminal Justice/Law Enforcement/Security Management preferred or equivalent security experience, preferably in healthcare setting.
- Must be a Level 3 Security Officer (Texas and New Mexico) prior to hire or appointment.
- Must be a Licensed Security Officer (Louisiana) prior to hire or appointment.
- Must complete IAHSS Supervisors Course within one (1) year of appointment or hire
- Five years of experience in law enforcement and/or security with supervisory experience.
- Must have a thorough knowledge of applicable state laws.
- High code of ethics, honesty, and courtesy.
- Must be able to remain rational and calm under stress.
- Required to demonstrate proficiencies in all patient age categories.
- Must be capable of managing multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (English).
- Required to obtain professional certification of CHPA or CPP within one year of appointment.
- Must pass a psychological screening before appointment or provide proof of same.
- Must have/maintain valid driver's license.