* Security Manager - Security
CHRISTUS Southwestern Louisiana
CHRISTUS St. Patrick Hospital-10100
524 Dr Michael DeBakey Dr
Lake Charles, LA 70601
Share This Job On
Apply Now * Security Manager - Security Job in Lake Charles
Uniformed position responsible for planning, implementing, administering, supervising, and assuming responsibility for the Security Department activities to provide a safe and secure environment for patients, visitors, and employees on hospital property. May be responsible for multiple CHRISTUS Health locations.
- Bachelors degree preferred or a Bachelors degree in Criminal Justice/Law Enforcement/Security Management preferred or equivalent security experience, preferably in healthcare setting
- Five years of experience in law enforcement and/or security with supervisory experience
- Must have a thorough knowledge of applicable state laws
- High code of ethics, honesty, and courtesy
- Must be able to remain rational and calm under stress
- Required to demonstrate proficiencies in all patient age categories
- Must be capable of managing multiple tasks simultaneously
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (English)
- Must be a Level 3 Security Officer (Texas and New Mexico) prior to hire or appointment.
- Must be a Licensed Security Officer (Louisiana) prior to hire or appointment.
- Must complete IAHSS Supervisors Course within one (1) year of appointment or hire.
- Required to obtain professional certification of CHPA or CPP within one year of appointment.
- Successful completion of all pre-employment and post offer assessments to include the Minnesota Multiphasic Personality Inventory -2 (MMPI-2-RF-PCIR); the California Psychological Inventory (CPI); the Police and Public Safety Selection Report (PPSSR); the Personal Experience Inventory (PEI) and a clinical interview by a third personal psychologist
- Will be required to take random drug test screening
- Must have/maintain valid driver's license