Assists Respiratory Therapist in providing respiratory therapy to patients as ordered by physicians, according to established standards and practices. Performs a variety of duties relative to setting up, operating, cleaning, sterilizing, and storing respiratory therapy equipment. Operates sterilizers and aeration chambers. Performs cold sterilization methods as required. Changes nebulizers and humidifiers on nursing wards and resets oxygen flow as prescribed by physician. Provides for proper cleaning and sterilization of all respiratory therapy equipment to ensure safe patient care.
- Licensed by the National Board of Respiratory Care as a Registered Respiratory Therapist
- Licensed by the State of Louisiana as CRTT or CRTT-E
- Completion of an AMA Respiratory Therapy Program
- Current BLS
- Must be able to communicate effectively in written and spoken form with patients, families, and physicians
- Exceptional documentation and prioritization skills
If you are looking to join a rapidly growing faith-based organization that encourages professional development, we want you to become a part of the CHRISTUS St. Frances Cabrini family!