RRT, Reg Resp Therapist / CRT, Cert Resp Therapist
CHRISTUS St Michael
CHRISTUS St Michael Health Sys-15100
2600 St. Michael Dr
Texarkana, TX 75503
Share This Job On
Apply Now RRT, Reg Resp Therapist / CRT, Cert Resp Therapist Job in Texarkana
Sets up and operates various types of oxygen and other therapeutic gas and mist inhalation equipment such as tents, masks, catheters, cannulas and incubators. Administers prescribed doses of medicinal gases and aerosolized drugs. Prepares and maintains a chart for each patient containing all pertinent background information and treatment records. Cleans, inspects and tests inhalation therapy equipment to ensure proper operating condition.
- Basic Computer Knowledge
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and written.
- Graduate of an American Medical Association approved Certified (Entry Level) Respiratory Technician Program. This will assure minimum job knowledge and clinical skills. Must pass CRTT exam within 12 months of hire and/or promotion date.
- Previous experience as a respiratory therapist in an acute care environment preferred.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Certified by the National Board for Respiratory Care.
- Texas RCP license required.
- BCLS required.