5 DAYS - 8 HOURS
RNFA, Registered Nurse First Assistant Senior - Orthopedic Surgery Clinic
CHRISTUS Trinity Clinic
CHRISTUS TMF Tyler OSMI Orthopedic Surgery
Share This Job On
RNFA, Registered Nurse First Assistant Senior - Orthopedic Surgery Clinic Job in Tyler
A Registered Nurse First Assistant (RNFA) is a nursing professional who renders direct patient care as part of the perioperative role by functioning as first assistant to the surgeon, and who assesses, plans, implements, coordinates, monitors and evaluates patient care activities.
Practices an expanded role of perioperative nursing and has acquired knowledge and skills and judgment necessary to assist the surgeon through organized instruction and supervised practice. Interprets diagnostic studies, promotes positive health behaviors and skills through education and counseling.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
- Completion of an approved/accredited RNFA course, including the completion of the required internship hours.
- Two-five years experience in the operating room. Proficient in perioperative nursing practice with diversified operating room experience.
- Current Texas State RN license
- BLS-(American Heart Association)
- ACLS within 6 months of hire/transfer date
- Certified as a perioperative nurse (CNOR) required