RN - Surgery PRN
CHRISTUS Trinity Mother Frances
Registered Nurse (RN)
TMFHS TYR Mother Frances Hosp-38000
800 E. Dawson
Tyler, TX 75701
Share This Job On
Apply Now RN - Surgery PRN Job in Tyler
The perioperative nurse functions in the circulating and/or scrub role in the Operating Room. In this role, the RN designs, coordinates and delivers care to meet the needs of the patient undergoing the operative procedure. The perioperative nurse assesses, diagnoses, plans, intervenes and evaluates the outcome of surgical intervention. The RN addresses physiological, sociocultural and spiritual responses of the individual undergoing a surgical procedure. The perioperative RN supervises ancillary personnel involved in the care of the surgical patient.
- Assessment: Utilizes the nursing process to provide competent, professional nursing care modified for the individual patient and significant others which encompass age and mental status.
- Planning: Demonstrates use of the nursing process to plan and organize the care of the perioperative patient. Documentation reflects the plan of care.
- Implementation: Demonstrates the ability to perform basic nursing skills and fundamental operating room circulator and scrub required to actively manage the care of the perioperative patient.
- * Evaluation: The perioperative nurse evaluates the patient's response to the nursing care plan to achieve the desired outcome.
- The perioperative nurse functions as a role model and a multi-skilled nurse with competency and accountability.
- Behavior reflects a willingness to participate as a team member fully accountable for job duties and performance inclusive of cost effective activity.
- Graduate of an accredited school of professional nursing. Minimum requirement is an Associate Degree in Nursing; Bachelor's degree is preferred.
- Must be licensed as Registered Nurse with the State of Texas
- 1 - 2 years RN experience in an acute care setting and a strong desire to work in the surgery circulating role will be considered; prefer candidates with at least 1 year of circulating experience.
- CPR Certification through the American Heart Associate or American Red Cross
- CNOR Certification is preferred