Provides professional nursing care for the comfort and well-being of patients. Prepares equipment and assists physician during examinations and treatments. Administers prescribed medications, changes dressings, cleans wounds, and monitors patient vital signs. Observes and maintains records on patient care, condition, reaction, and progress.
- Graduate of a State Board accredited School of Nursing or equivalent
- For full time positions For full time positions, a minimum of two (2) years nursing experience in a hospital setting is required (not necessarily in Endoscopy). For part time or relief positions, a minimum of two (2) years nursing experience in Endoscopy area of hospital is required.
- Current license or permit to practice professional nursing in the State of TexasCPR -- within two (2) weeks of employment
- Medication Competence -- within two (2) weeks of employment
- Computer Competence -- within four (4) weeks of employmentUnit Specific
- Medication Examination -- within twelve (12) weeks of employment
- Basic Dysrhythmia (if applicable) -- within twelve (12) weeks of employment