Provides professional nursing care for the comfort and well-being of patients. Prepares equipment and assists physician during examinations and treatments. Administers prescribed medications, changes dressings, cleans wounds, and monitors patient vital signs. Observes and maintains records on patient care, condition, reaction, and progress.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing with active RN Texas licensure.
- All newly licensed RNs with less than 6 months' experience must participate in the CHRISTUS Santa Rosa Residency Program. An individualized learning plan will be developed through completion of the Performance Gap Analysis and competency completion will be documented through the program's tracking software.
Licenses, Registrations, or Certifications:
- Registered Nurse with valid Texas License
- BLS Certification required; ACLS certification highly desired/recommended. Current specialty certification as required.
- Must have working knowledge of the nursing process as well as in depth knowledge of therapeutic, physical, psychosocial, spiritual, cultural, and developmental needs for a select category of patients.
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal.