*Sign on bonus available for ER experience*
The Children's Hospital of San Antonio/CHRISTUS Health System is inviting you to join our dynamic team of dedicated, professional pediatric emergency nurses providing direct patient care for our most vulnerable population. Our emergency department strives to deliver the highest quality standards of excellence for patient utilizing evidence-based research in a collaborative environment. Our team consists of highly motivated, compassionate, life-long learners. Join the team that provides family centered care in a supportive atmosphere.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing with active RN Texas licensure.
- All newly licensed RNs with less than 6 months' experience must participate in the CHRISTUS Santa Rosa Residency Program. An individualized learning plan will be developed through completion of the Performance Gap Analysis and competency completion will be documented through the program's tracking software.
C. Licenses, Registrations, or Certifications:
- Registered Nurse with valid Texas License
- BLS Certification required; ACLS certification highly desired/recommended. Current specialty certification as required.
- Must have working knowledge of the nursing process as well as in depth knowledge of therapeutic, physical, psychosocial, spiritual, cultural, and developmental needs for a select category of patients.
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal.
D. Additional requirements for RN staff:
- Current PALS and/or ENPC certification or completion by the end of the orientation period.
- Current ACLS certification or completion by the end of the orientation period.
- Current TNCC or completion within 12 months of hire and maintain certification thereafter.
- Yearly attendance at Annual Nursing Competency Day.
- Completion of all annual competency verification requirements.
- Crisis Intervention training within 12 months of hire and maintain training annually thereafter.
- Completion of an evidence based triage curriculum within:
- 6 months of hire for new graduate or inexperienced RNs (less than 1 year of nursing experience).
- 3 months of hire for experienced RNs (more than 1 year of nursing experience).
E. All newly hired experienced RNs must attend New Nurses Orientation within the first 30 days of hire and take the PBDS (Performance Based Development System) assessment before any hands on patient care occurs.
F. New hires are precepted by a staff member and initial on-boarding requirements are validated through successful completion of the designated organizational entry competency validation, any assigned coursework from the post-PBDS education, and an Emergency Department-specific competency validation.