RN, Registered Nurse, Neuro PCU (Progressive Care Unit) Job in Corpus Christi
RN, Registered Nurse, Neuro PCU (Progressive Care Unit)
• The only Level1 Comprehensive Stroke Center in the region (less than 200 in the nation)
• Advanced Spine Surgery Certification
• Top 100 for Spine Survey (multiple years in a row)
• Great opportunity to grow from Neuro PCU to Neuro ICU
Registered Nurse - Neuro PCU (Progressive Care Unit)
CHRISTUS Spohn Hospital Corpus Christi - Shoreline overlooking the Corpus Christi Bay, is the only Level 1 Comprehensive Stroke Center in the region (less than 200 in the nation).
Registered Nurse - Neuro PCU (Progressive Care Unit) 8NT is a 36-bed unit with a focus on Neuro Telemetry and Neuro Surgical Services. The primary patient population is composed of stroke, brain and spinal conditions that range from; seizures, brain aneurysm, laminectomy, cervical fusion, stable craniotomy/mechanical thrombectomy after 24H ICU recovery, Guillain-Barre syndrome, and myasthenia gravis. Our staffing consists of a 1:3-5 nurse to patient ratio that is adjusted based on patient acuity. We have a strong working relationship with our neuro surgeons and neurologist who provide education and guidance to help enhance our nursing care. 8NT prides itself on our DNV Comprehensive Level 1 stroke certification. We strive to maintain a culture of teamwork and quality. Every associate from our Physicians, Stroke coordinators, Nurses, Certified Nursing assistants, therapy, and case management play a crucial role in the success of our unit.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing. Able to assess, plan, implement and evaluate nursing care.
- One-year experience in nursing preferred.
- Current Texas State RN License
- CPR (American Heart Association)
- ACLS required within 6 months of hire/transfer date
- EKG required within 90 days of hire/transfer date
- NIHSS required within 90 days of hire/transfer date
The Registered Nurse (RN) provides professional nursing care for the comfort a The Registered Nurse (RN) provides professional nursing care for the comfort and well-being of patients. The Registered Nurse (RN) prepares equipment and assists physician during examinations and treatments. The Registered Nurse (RN) administers prescribed medications, changes dressings, cleans wounds, and monitors patient vital signs. The Registered Nurse (RN) observes and maintains records on patient care, condition, reaction, and progress.
The Registered Nurse (RN) participates as primary nurse, associate nurse, a team member or team leader in the planning and implementing of patient care. The Registered Nurse (RN) directs and assists in carrying out safe aseptic technique and procedures. The Registered Nurse (RN) offers leadership and direction to all support staff within department.
Full Time (Dayshift or Nightshift available)
- Dayshifts 7am - 7pm
- Nightshifts 7pm - 7am