Provides professional nursing care for the comfort and well-being of patients. Prepares equipment and assists physician during examinations and treatments. Administers prescribed medications, changes dressings, cleans wounds, and monitors patient vital signs. Observes and maintains records on patient care, condition, reaction, and progress.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing. Able to assess, plan, implement and evaluate nursing care
- One-year experience in nursing preferred. Will accept new graduate.
- Current Texas State RN License
- CPR (American Heart Association)
- ACLS required within 6 months of hire/transfer date
Unit Specific Requirements
- Ssh Icu/Micu (A3), Coronary Oth (A4), Cardio Icu (CVICU), Icu/Micu 3 & Smh Icu/Micu 2: NIHSS required within 90 days of hire/transfer date
- Ssh Icu/Micu (A3), Cardio Icu (CVICU) & Icu/Micu 3: EKG within 90 days of hire/transfer date
- Smh Icu/Micu 2: TNCC required within 6 months of hire/transfer date
- Smh Icu/Micu 2: ENPC or PALS required within 18 months of hire/transfer date