RN, Registered Nurse Liaison - Winnsboro Nursing Administration
CHRISTUS Trinity Mother Frances
Registered Nurse (RN)
TMFHS TYR Winnsboro Hosp-38800
719 W. Coke Road
Winnsboro, TX 75494
Share This Job On
Apply Now RN, Registered Nurse Liaison - Winnsboro Nursing Administration Job in Winnsboro
Serves as a liaison between the referring/attending physicians, discharge planners, case managers, or referring hospital, home health agencies as well as nursing homes. Performs pre-admission assessments, providing medical director with the assistance to ensure that patients meet admission criteria. Updates patient assessments and provides recommendations to meet inpatient requirements. Works to promote the CHRISTUS philosophy and marketing in our service area through direct patient and family interaction.
1. Maintains consistency with Administrative and Departmental policies with appropriate behavior, dress, attitude, attendance, confidentiality, professionalism, and reliability.
2. Provides educational material as requested to hospitals, home health agencies, nursing homes, and community organizations. Serves as a liaison for physicians, nurses, case managers, therapists, etc., regarding inpatient admission. Initiates patient and family orientation, education and tours.
3. Communicates with physicians from SMHCC and other facilities to promote physician referrals to the program and demonstrates understanding of patient relations and marketing concepts. Serves as a member of the marketing department to implement marketing goals.
4. Serves as a liaison for SMHCC, SMRH and surrounding territories and as a provider representative for the PHO and MSO.
5. Plans and organizes territorial marketing goals and objectives. Participates in developing and implementing new programs and services.
6. Communicates with SMRH those patients who meet the criteria as a candidate for the Rehab Hospital. Provides assistance in arranging transportation and insurance verifications. Works closely with admissions and business offices to ensure admission criteria meet all government agencies and third party reimbursement and verification criteria.
7. Improves professional growth and development through continued education by attending seminars, workshops, and studying recent trends in both marketing and health care.
8. Maintains an admission/denial log, making recommendations for alternative placement if unable to service the patient in the Continuum of Care.
- Associate Degree in Nursing
- Registered Nurse, Prefer CRRN (not required)
- Comply with standards as set forth by the Joint Commission Accreditation of Hospital Organizations (TJC), state and federal agencies, and hospital requirements, including annual TB skin test and in-service.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to coordinate duties of RN, Nurse Liaisons and the ability to fill in where necessary.
- Good assessment skills
- Knowledge of Medicare guidelines
- Excellent intrapersonal and problem solving skills