Provides professional nursing care for the comfort and well-being of patients. Prepares equipment and assists physician during examinations and treatments. Administers prescribed medications, changes dressings, cleans wounds, and monitors patient vital signs. Observes and maintains records on patient care, condition, reaction, and progress.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing. Able to assess, plan, implement and evaluate nursing care
- one-year experience in nursing. Will accept new graduates.
- Current Texas State RN License
- CPR (American Heart Association)
- ACLS required within six months of hire or transfer
- NRP required within 90 days of hire or transfer date
- AWHONN Fetal Heart Monitoring Certification required; Experienced RNs have 6 months from hire/transfer date to obtain certification. New grads and transfers new to Labor & Delivery will have one year from hire/transfer date to obtain certification.