RN, Registered Nurse-ICU
CHRISTUS Santa Rosa
Registered Nurse (RN)
CHRISTUS Santa Rosa Medical Ct-30300
2827 Babcock Road
San Antonio, TX 78229
Share This Job On
Apply Now RN, Registered Nurse-ICU Job in San Antonio
Provides professional nursing care for the comfort and well-being of patients. Prepares equipment and assists physician during examinations and treatments. Administers prescribed medications, changes dressings, cleans wounds, and monitors patient vital signs. Observes and maintains records on patient care, condition, reaction, and progress.A. Education/Skills
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing with active RN Texas licensure.
- All newly licensed RNs with less than 6 months' experience must participate in the CHRISTUS Santa Rosa Residency Program. An individualized learning plan will be developed through completion of the Performance Gap Analysis and competency completion will be documented through the program's tracking software.
- Registered Nurse with valid Texas License
- BLS Certification required; ACLS certification highly desired/recommended. Current specialty certification as required.
- Must have working knowledge of the nursing process as well as in depth knowledge of therapeutic, physical, psychosocial, spiritual, cultural, and developmental needs for a select category of patients.
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal.
D. Additional requirements for RN staff:
- Current PALS and/or ENPC certification or completion by the end of the orientation period.
- Current ACLS certification or completion by the end of the orientation period.
- Current TNCC or completion within 12 months of hire and maintain certification thereafter.
- Yearly attendance at Annual Nursing Competency Day.
- Completion of all annual competency verification requirements.
- Crisis Intervention training within 12 months of hire and maintain training annually thereafter.
- Completion of an evidence based triage curriculum within:
- 6 months of hire for new graduate or inexperienced RNs (less than 1 year of nursing experience).
- 3 months of hire for experienced RNs (more than 1 year of nursing experience).
- All newly hired experienced RNs must attend New Nurses Orientation within the first 30 days of hire and take the PBDS (Performance Based Development System) assessment before any hands on patient care occurs.
- New hires are precepted by a staff member and initial on-boarding requirements are validated through successful completion of the designated organizational entry competency validation, any assigned coursework from the post-PBDS education, and an Emergency Department-specific competency validation.