RN, Registered Nurse - Hemodialysis
CHRISTUS Spohn Hospital Corpus Christi South
5950 Saratoga Blvd
Corpus Christi, TX 78414
USView On A Map View Other Locations
Share This Job On
RN, Registered Nurse - Hemodialysis Job in Corpus Christi
The Registered Nurse (RN) provides professional nursing care for the comfort and well-being of patients. The Registered Nurse (RN) prepares equipment and assists physician during examinations and treatments. The Registered Nurse (RN) administers prescribed medications, changes dressings, cleans wounds, and monitors patient vital signs. The Registered Nurse (RN) observes and maintains records on patient care, condition, reaction, and progress.
The Registered Nurse (RN) participates as primary nurse, associate nurse, a team member or team leader in the planning and implementing of patient care. The Registered Nurse (RN) directs and assists in carrying out safe aseptic technique and procedures. The Registered Nurse (RN) offers leadership and direction to all support staff within department.
Located just minutes from the shores of Padre Island, CHRISTUS Spohn Hospital Corpus Christi-South provides surgical and medical services for our patients in south Corpus Christi. Perfectly positioned to serve the rapidly-growing south side of Corpus Christi, CHRISTUS Spohn Hospital Corpus Christi - South is licensed for 158 beds. South offers a full range of medical and surgical services including pediatrics, obstetrics, skilled nursing, emergency, intensive care as well as advanced diagnostic and imaging. The hospital is also home to a Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit which enables recovering mothers to remain close to their premature or special needs babies.
- Graduate of a Registered Nursing program, Bachelor Degree preferred
- Excellent customer service, negotiation and communication skills
- At least 1 year or more of RN Dialysis experience required
- 12 months acute clinical experience as a Registered Nurse required
- Intensive Care Unit (ICU), Critical Care Unit (CCU), Emergency Room (ER), or Medical Surgical (Med Surg) experience is preferred
- Clinical patient care experience in a relevant setting, preferred
- Previous healthcare management experience, preferred
- RN license in good standing in state of employment or a compact state , if applicable
- Registered Nurse (RN) required
- American Heart Association Basic Life Support
- Certification in Nephrology Nursing preferred
- A Water Treatment Knowledge Exam- within twelve (12) weeks of employment
- A Hemodialysis Knowledge Exam- within twelve (12) weeks of employment
- Certification in Nephrology Nursing preferred, required within 1 year of eligibility to take the exam