Apply Now RN, Registered Nurse - Health Resource Center - PRN Job in Corpus Christi
This position will function as a wellness nurse/health educator, biometric data screener, and team leader for worksite wellness events, health fairs, flu vaccination clinics, drive-through COVID-19 testing, as well as other corporate and community health education events. RN must be comfortable giving vaccinations, performing nasal and/or oral swab collection for COVID-19 testing wearing full PPE, be able to multi-task through the stations of screening events, including registration of clients, biometric data collection, and client counseling and coaching. RN will provide educational in-services for businesses and organizations and work telephonically counseling clients on screening, including COVID-19 screening results. The RN also assists in the organization and transport of Wellness Service activities (supplies, equipment, personnel) to the various sites scheduled.
- Graduate of an accredited Registered Nursing Program.
- Work experience with patients/clients in a health care setting preferred with 1-2 years educating on health improvements or healthy habits.
- Knowledge of risk factors for cardiovascular disease and diabetes.
- Knowledge of vaccination procedures/protocols.
- Knowledge and skill in nasal/oral swab COVID-19 testing procedure.
- Counseling clients with positive COVID-19 results in accordance with CDC guidelines.
- Coaching/educating/counseling skills focusing on adult health education.
- Critical thinking skills.
- Current Texas State RN License
- CPR (American Heart Association)
Per Diem As Needed