RN, Registered Nurse - Emergency Room
CHRISTUS Santa Rosa
Registered Nurse (RN)
CHRISTUS Santa Rosa Medical Ct-30300
2827 Babcock Road
San Antonio, TX 78229
Share This Job On
Apply Now RN, Registered Nurse - Emergency Room Job in San Antonio
Registered professional nurse who assesses, implements or delegates, plans, and evaluates total nursing care and functions in accordance with established philosophy, providing and directing patient care for a group of patients. Relates effectively with other shifts/departments for optimal continuity of care. Provides clinical supervision for entry level nurses and assists in their development.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing with active RN Texas licensure.
- All newly licensed RNs with less than 6 months' experience must participate in the CHRISTUS Santa Rosa Residency Program. An individualized learning plan will be developed through completion of the Performance Gap Analysis and competency completion will be documented through the program's tracking software.
Licenses, Registrations, or Certifications
- Registered Nurse with valid Texas License
- BLS Certification required; ACLS certification highly desired/recommended. Current specialty certification as required.
- Must have working knowledge of the nursing process as well as in depth knowledge of therapeutic, physical, psychosocial, spiritual, cultural, and developmental needs for a select category of patients.
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal.
Additional requirements for RN staff:
- 6 months of hire for new graduate or inexperienced RNs (less than 1 year of nursing experience).
- 3 months of hire for experienced RNs (more than 1 year of nursing experience).
All newly hired experienced RNs must attend New Nurses Orientation within the first 30 days of hire and take the PBDS (Performance Based Development System) assessment before any hands on patient care occurs.
New hires are precepted by a staff member and initial on-boarding requirements are validated through successful completion of the designated organizational entry competency validation, any assigned coursework from the post-PBDS education, and an Emergency Department-specific competency validation.