Provides professional nursing care for the comfort and well-being of patients. Prepares equipment and assists physician during examinations and treatments. Administers prescribed medications, changes dressings, cleans wounds, and monitors patient vital signs. Observes and maintains records on patient care, condition, reaction, and progress.
CHRISTUS Spohn Hospital Alice Emergency Department has the privilege of being the front door to our community hospital. Serving the city of Alice, Jim Wells county, and the surrounding areas, we provide care to all age groups, from the newborn to our centurions in the community. Utilizing a Team Triage approach, we strive to provide access to a licensed medical provider within 30 minutes of arrival. This could mean being seen and treated through our Fast Track system or being monitored in one of twelve ED bays. We provide quality care for medical and surgical emergencies with resources readily available from our sister facilities. South Texas environment and weather requires us to be proficient in heat related illnesses, snake bites, and other recreational and occupational injuries. We are a state designated trauma IV center with the nurses and medical staff competent in pediatric and adult trauma care. The Emergency Department medical and nursing staff living in the surrounding area, strive to provide the best care possible because the patient could be and often is one of our own.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing. Able to assess, plan, implement and evaluate nursing care
- One-year RN experience in Emergency Room (ER) preferred.
- Current Texas State RN License
- CPR (American Heart Association)
- ACLS required within 6 months of hire/transfer date
- NIHSS required within 90 days of hire/transfer date
- CPI required within 90 days of hire/transfer date
- TNCC required within 18 months of hire/transfer date
- ENPC or PALS required within 18 months of hire/transfer date
~Sign-On Bonus and Relocation Assistance Available based on experience~