7AM - 7PM
RN, Registered Nurse - ECC Emergency Care - PRN
CHRISTUS Santa Rosa
CHRISTUS Santa Rosa Hospital Westover Hills
Share This Job On
RN, Registered Nurse - ECC Emergency Care - PRN Job in San Antonio
Registered professional nurse who assesses, implements or delegates, plans, and evaluates total nursing care and functions in accordance with established philosophy, providing and directing patient care for a group of patients. Relates effectively with other shifts/departments for optimal continuity of care. Provides clinical supervision for entry level nurses and assists in their development.
Our 27-bed Emergency Department is designated as a Level 4 Trauma Center. The ED is capable of providing emergency, urgent and non-urgent care to patients of all ages. Patients in need of medical-surgical and sub-specialty services are seen and treated in the Emergency Department. The patients seeking care have a wide range of needs from basic ambulatory care to trauma intervention and life support. We are a primary Percutaneous Coronary Intervention (PCI) center and Primary Stroke Center. Currently working on an ED expansion plan to include the addition of patient treatments rooms as well as CT, X-Ray and Laboratory all located inside the Emergency Department.
CHRISTUS Health has a very strict Code of Ethics Guide. It is implemented in the highest standards and is part of our everyday responsibilities. Our actions are filled with a spirit of mutual respect, which encourages us to treat those we serve with compassion, respect and dignity.
Do you want to work in a friendly, professional and supportive faith-based organization? Come and join our Westover hills family!!!
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing with active RN Texas licensure.
- All newly hired experienced RNs must attend New Nurses Orientation within the first 30 days of hire.
- All newly licensed RNs with less than 6 months' experience must participate in the CHRISTUS Santa Rosa Residency Program. An individualized learning plan will be developed through completion of the Performance Gap Analysis and competency completion will be documented through the program's tracking software.
- New hires are presented by a designated trained staff member and initial on-boarding requirements are validated through successful completion of the designated organizational entry competency validation and an Emergency Department-specific competency validation.
- Current BLS certification required
- Additional requirements for experienced ED RN staff:
- Current PALS certification at time of hire for experienced RNs or completion by the end of the clinical orientation period for new graduate nurses and maintain certification thereafter.
- Current ACLS certification at time of hire for experienced RNs or completion by the end of the clinical orientation period for new graduate nurses and maintain certification thereafter.
- For trauma designated facilities, current TNCC certification within 6 weeks of hire for experienced RNs or completion within 18 months of hire for new graduate nurses and maintain certification thereafter.
- Yearly attendance at Annual Nursing Competency Day.
- Completion of all annual competency verification requirements.
- Crisis intervention training within 12 months of hire and maintain training annually thereafter.
- Completion of an evidence based triage curriculum at:
- 12 months of hire for new graduate or inexperienced RNs (less than 1 year of nursing experience)
- 3 months of hire for experienced RNs (more than 1 year of nursing experience)
Per Diem As Needed