RN, Registered Nurse Coordinator - Physical Rehab
Registered Nurse (RN)
CHRISTUS Spohn Hosp-Shoreline-25100
600 Elizabeth St
Corpus Christi, TX 78404
Share This Job On
Apply Now RN, Registered Nurse Coordinator - Physical Rehab Job in Corpus Christi
The RN Coord PAI effectively communicates and collaborates with internal and external clinical professionals in the coordination of patient placement and care. Assists the Case Management staff to efficiently organize and manage the patients (e.g. provides the CM staff with CMG LOS as a guide to projected LOS). Works closely with the interdisciplinary team on data collection. Coordinates with Medical Records to ensure correct coding and documentation. Provides feedback to all parties who document in the medical record (physicians, nursing, therapy) regarding documentation to support the inpatient rehabilitation admission. Provides timely and accurate transmission of information to CMS and UDSMR. Maintains accurate electronic database. Other tasks as assigned.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
- Negotiating skills which support the ability to interact with physicians, nursing staff, discharge planners and payers.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Knowledge of clinical services, normative and health benefit plans, particularly coverage and limitation clauses.
- Minimum 5 years clinical experience with coding or RN experience.
- Current Texas State RN license