RN, Registered Nurse - After Hours Nurseline Job in Tyler
The AHN RN provides professional after-hours telephone triage nursing care for CHRISTUS patients following established standards and practices; Is the primary responder for management of triage telephone calls within the defined scope of practice as established by the Texas Board of Nursing. Services are provided for CHRISTUS Trinity Clinic and CHRISTUS Physician Group patients. The Registered Nurse can provide leadership in all situations, including emergencies, utilizing concepts of critical thinking and creative problem solving to ensure positive outcomes. The incumbent of this position can delegate duties per scope of practice and during emergency situations. Works collaboratively with providers to facilitate quality care for the patient.
- Complete an initial telemedicine assessment; triage the call based on assessment findings.
- Uses developed triage algorithms/protocols to guide the assessment and interventions
- Document the assessment and management of the call into the organizational electronic medical record (EPIC).
- Give telephone orders; accept and process telephone test results; call in provider approved prescription refills.
- Collaborate and coordinate patient care with on call providers as recommended per protocols.
- Current Texas State RN License
- CPR (American Heart Association)
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
- Able to assess, plan, implement and evaluate nursing care
- One-year experience in nursing preferred.
Per Diem As Needed